Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day of Rest.

So today was probably not the best day for the diet thing.

Not that I didn't try but its just the meals we have planned are not great for calories. So I had a cup and a half of Multi-Grain Cheerios with a cup of non-fat milk for breakfast. Felt really down in the dumps today. I dunno if its because of the hunger or lack of "normal" calories for me... but I just couldn't look cute today. AND since it was a church day I really wanted to look cute.

So after church we had our lunch/dinner before evening service. For this meal I had Mexican Beans and Tacos. I ate one serving of the beans and 2 servings of tacos. Tacos were pretty generic no recipe just 93% lean ground beef, taco seasoning, crispy taco shells, reduced fat Mexican Cheese from Sargentos, Tapitio Hot Sauce and a dollop of Daisy (Light Sour Cream). Pretty sure that was NOT DIET WORTHY. After the evening service today I had two ladies tell me I look like I lost weight. I think they are just referring to the GIANT pregger belly. I certainly don't FEEL skinnier. LOL... but luckily the only other things I ate today was a snack of the Thrifty Chicken and Broccoli leftovers (about 1/2 a serving.) Oh and 3 scoops of Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.

Yea, I am still hungry. AND my husband noted that I am more irritable because of this whole thing. I noticed that when my newborn cries I get really REALLY annoyed. Usually vocally. I get a headache and I want to cry because I don't know whats wrong with my baby and because I am borderline miserable and trying to hide it. LOL...

No exercise today. :O(

Mexican Style Black Beans

from cookbook "Cheap. Fast. Good."

*Makes 4 servings*

2 teaspoons olive oil

1 can Black Beans

1 can diced tomatoes

1 medium Onion

2 cloves of garlic minced

1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin


  • 1. Heat the oil in a 2 quart or larger pan over medium heat. Peel the onion and corsley chop it, adding it to the pan as you chop and stirring frequently. Add the garlic to the pan. Cook stirring for 1 minute.

  • 2. Add the beans with their liquid. Add the tomatoes with their juice and the Worcestershire Sauce, chili powder, and cumin. Stir well and bring mixture to boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the beans have thickened slightly. about 10 -20 minutes. Serve at once.



  • Photobucket

    1 comment:

    1. Hot sauce makes everything taste better. Good thing about it is that there are zero calories! Try Smoked Tabasco, it is AMAZING! Try to keep up with smaller portions but more than 3 times a day. That is the hard part. As for the ice cream and snackish stuff that isn't healthy, what we did was we made sure we ate it all and just didn't buy anymore but replace it with fruits and veggies as we ran out. Doesn't sound exciting at all but it works. Right now we are struggling with money so we have zero snack foods. Also, try upping your water intake. Eventually, I lost the taste for soda. I tried taking a sip of a Coke the other day and all I tasted was chemicals! The beginning of any diet is hard as it is. Just stay determined and keep trying! xoxo

      ReplyDelete