Friday, September 16, 2011

Little Victories.

Hello bloggites!

Today is a WEIGH IN DAY! Yes, it is that time of the week where I get to hold myself accountable to the actions of my dieting. And I am happy to say that I have made some progress. This morning I weighed in at...

234.6 LBS!

That is almost 4 pounds less than a week ago! :O) Yay! This is exciting. Its good to get on the scale and see that all of your trouble you seem to be going to is paying off! Today I ate pretty well. I did not eat breakfast again. BUT I had a 1 cup serving of beans and rice for lunch with a can of green beans and water. I had a cup of chicken broth as a snack. And had a yummy Baked Ziti Recipe that was only 5 points! In the recipe we replaced the ground beef with ground turkey... which was cheaper anyway! YAY! :O) With dinner I had 1 serving of Texas Toast Garlic Bread and Broccoli. Yummmm, overall today was a good day. Tomorrow the clan is off to Kalas wedding. I somehow think my diet may fly out the window. :O/

Baked Ziti Pasta Recipe


Ingredients:
- 12 oz Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta (I used the penne noodles)
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef (96/4)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add onions and garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat with a spoon as it cooks, about 3 to 5 minutes; drain off any fat and set pan back over medium heat.
Add the oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and mushrooms and bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Spoon a small amount of beef-tomato mixture into bottom of a 4-quart casserole dish (just enough to cover surface); top with half of cooked pasta. Next, layer with half of remaining beef-tomato sauce and half of mozzarella cheese. Layer with remaining pasta and then top with remaining beef-tomato sauce; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces.

Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 piece
Each serving = 5 Point Total





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment